Drug Abuse Recognition and Onsite Screening system
Comprehensive system to recognize drug use and screen for specific drugs of abuse
Drug Abuse Recognition Training
“The suspect only blew a .02, but I knew he had something else in his system. I just didn’t know what.” — Hayward, California patrol officer
Law enforcement organizations can now implement drug abuse recognition and detection systems similar to those used in identifying alcohol-related offenses. DrugCheck® has partnered with a certified trainer for Drug Abuse Recognition (DAR) to develop a comprehensive drug screening system to help law enforcement identify impairment due to drug use and then screen onsite for specific drugs. The DAR-OS™ system begins with DAR training conducted by Graves & Associates:
- Drug physiology and symptomology to identify objective symptoms related to seven drug classifications — click on the drug cover tape graphics in the page header above for objective symptoms associated with a particular drug (Example: AMP).
- DAR 7-step process to determine drug influence — dealing with persons actively under the influence of drugs
- DAR training provides reasonable suspicion to implement onsite screening with the DrugCheck® SalivaScan™ Oral Fluid Drug Test
- Obtain laboratory confirmation (LC/MS) using specimen collected in the SalivaScan™ screening device
- DAR-OS™ includes complimentary certified DAR training with the purchase of DrugCheck® product — minimum quantity requirements
- Forensic use only
Onsite screening device made in the U.S.A.
“The SalivaScan is like having a PBT for drugs. This is a great tool for all of law enforcement – work patrol, probation, parole, or corrections.” – California police officer
The DrugCheck® SalivaScan™ Oral Fluid Drug Test screens for up to 10 drugs, including combinations from our catalog of 15 different drug tests plus alcohol. The device also contains the first-ever sponge saturation indicator, helping to ensure collection of sufficient saliva specimen.
- Preliminary drug screen completed in minutes
- Screen for very recent drug use — detection times similar to that of blood testing
- Collect sufficient specimen the first time with sponge saturation indicator
- LC/MS quantitative confirmation from specimen — no need for 2nd collection
- 100% made in the U.S.A.
- Forensic use only